The MSU World Class Teaching Program
The MSU World Class Teaching Program is a university-based initiative designed to recruit and mentor teachers seeking advanced certification through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) process.
Benefits of Being a National Board Certified Teacher in Mississippi:
- You will receive a reimbursement of the process fee ($1,900) if you complete the process. You do not have to certify.
- Mississippi offers a $6,000 bonus if you certify.
- Your MS license will be recertified for five years if you complete the process. You do not have to certify.
- Your monthly retirement benefits will increase. (Some teachers have reported as much as a $400 a month increase in their retirement pay.)
- Professional growth and learning. Plus, a sense of accomplishment for completing this rigorous process.
Benefits of going through the World Class Teaching Program (WCTP):
Currently, the passage rate for National Board Candidates who have participated in the MSU World Class Teaching Program is approximately 90%. Some candidates took one year, some took two years, and some took the full three years.
New candidate? Click on Support Programs and browse the New Candidate Tab for Summer Standards information.