NBPTS Certification Personal Benefits
- All component fees ($1900) are reimbursed if you complete the process.
- Your Mississippi license will be extended for five years if you complete the process. You do not have to certify.
- Mississippi pays a $6,000 yearly stipend for the life of the certificate when you certify.
- Your monthly retirement benefits will increase. (Some teachers have reported as much as a $400 a month increase in retirement pay.)
- Teachers experience, professional growth and learning, as well as a sense of accomplishment for completing this rigorous process.
Benefits of going through the World Class Teaching Program (WCTP)
- Like certificate areas
- Monthly meetings:
- Google Docs
Are you a potential new candidate? Click on the Home page to register or email Michelle Stubbs with questions. mLs30@msstate.edu